Happy Tails Dachshund Rescue:
Please take the Volunteer Membership Survey:
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. We expect our volunteers to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all events as we are representing the organization. We need volunteers in all areas of our organization.
• Are you proficient at writing? Would you like to write a newsletter for us?
• Are you a dog whisperer? We are always looking for training help with our dogs.
• Do you have friends in the press that can help us promote our organization?
• Do you have time on Saturdays to help us at our regular adoption events or maybe be a part of our travel crew that does off site events?
• Are you good at fundraising? Do you have ideas to help us raise funds for the medical needs of our dogs?
• Do you like walking dogs and don’t mind picking up after them? Maybe you can help at our events.
• Do you have a child between the ages of 14 and 17 that needs to have volunteer hours? They can join our junior volunteer program.
• Do you marketing experience? To help us get sponsors.
• Do you have speech experience? To talk to civic groups about us.
• Do you have grant writing experience? To write grants for us.
Q: If I Volunteer For Adoption Events, Do I Have To Be There Every Event?
A: No, but we would like to know in advance when you will be there, as it helps us with scheduling.
Q: I'm Only Available Between Noon And 2:00, Can I Still Volunteer At Adoption Events?
A: Absolutely! We appreciate any time you can give us. Please let us know ahead of time for scheduling purposes.
Q: What Do Volunteers Do At Adoption Events?
A: We walk dogs, talk to people about our dogs, help to socialize our dogs, and help match dogs to adopters.